The UFP series are heavy duty unhoused plenum fans with backward inclined non - overloading wheels designed for clase I and II performance in commercial or industrial applications in pressurized plenums. ATC plenum fans are available in 9 sizes with wheel diameters from 10 1/4" through 24 5/8"; different fan classes, rotations, construction arrangements and mounting positions, offering the line of most economic, versatile, compact fans in applications of air handling systems and refrigeration processes.
- Frame, inlet cone, ring, drive stands are made of air tight heavy gauge all welded steel construction.
- Backward inclined non-overloading wheels are constructed with welded steel, stainless steel or aluminum, statically and dynamically balanced at the factory and designed for optimum performance for most operating conditions.
- Electrostatically applied powder coating is Standard on all ATC plenum fans. For special requirements, please contact the factory.
- Available in 2 mounting positions (Horizontal, Vertical) with 3 different construction arrangements (1,3,4) and clockwise (CW) or counter clockwise (CCW) wheel rotation.
- Self-aligning heavy duty, pillow blocks ball bearings are designed to operate under the most severe atmospheric conditions and are supplied by the most prestigeous worldwide manufacturers.
- Shafts are designed for long life in different diameters and lengths turned, ground and polished of solid SAE 1045 steel for smooth operation, key-wayed on each end and are protected with a corrosion resistant coating.
- Adjustable steel motor plate pivoted at one end for ease of belt tensioning.
- The UFP series are the ideal choice for the pressurized plenum applications, by using the direct drive (Arrangement 4) and the combination of high quality sheaves, v-belts (Arrangements 1, 3), high efficiency motors in order to handle a wide range of air volumes and pressures.
- Refer to the UF boletin for all the performance data..
- Inlet ring for the connection of flexible joint and duct work.
- Heavy gauge wire inlet guard.
- Wheel assembly guard.
- Inlet vane damper control.
- Pullies & Belt Guard.
- Special protective coating for corrosion and high temperature.
- Unitary Base for the fan, motor and drive components.
- Variable frequency motor speed control.
- Vibration isolators.
One of the main application of unhoused plenum fans is in air handling units, where air is supplied or returned to the air handler from almost any direction through these compact fans which results in a reduced size and a ligther air hanlder with a minimum amount of ductwork.
Another important application of unhoused plenum fans is in precooling systems for fruits and vegetables, where a high volume of cold air is forced through the product in a short period of time. this process removes the heat content of the product, which delays the natural deterioration by maintaining the ideal temperature and relative humidity.
Types of arrangement
ARRANGEMENT 1: Unitary and isolated motor base mounting. Arrangement 1 is available in sizes 10 to 15 and is designed with both bearings mounted on the drive side.
ARRANGEMENTS 3B, 3I: Arrangement 3 is available in sizes 16 to 24 in belt drive design with 2 different mountings. Unitary and isolated motor base mounting (Arrangement 3B) and integral motor and drives mounting (Arrangement 3I). In both cases, one the bearing is mounted on the drive side and the other on the inlet side.
ARRANGEMENT 3V: Vertical mounting is available in sizes 16 to 24 and is designed to eliminate transitions for vertical airflow applications in arrangement 3.
ARRANGEMENT 4: Direct drive mounting for compact applications and it is designed for variable speed control motors in sizes 10 to 24.